Welcome to North Star Fund's online application center. Please visit our website to review our guidelines and determine your eligibility to apply for a North Star Fund grant.
Due to the competitive nature of our grants, we highly recommend attending one of our How to Apply workshops or scheduling a phone conversation with our program officer prior to beginning your application.
See below for the list of grants for which we are currently accepting applications. Click on the name of the grant category to begin your application. You can save a draft and return to your application at any time.
Our Rapid Response grants are designed to support organizing, activism, and strategic convening in response to urgent threats or breaking opportunities, especially during critical junctures of a campaign.
This grant is intended to help organizations achieve a timely and specific outcome or impact within three to six months, usually as part of a long-term goal to achieve systems-based change.
- Complete the application below. You can save your work by clicking "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an automatic receipt. Program staff will review your request and contact you with a decision or request for more information.
Next deadline: Friday, October 2 at 5:00 p.m.
North Star Fund’s Let Us Breathe Fund supports Black-led organizations engaging in grassroots organizing—the process of building collective power—in New York City and the Hudson Valley. In this application period, the Let us Breathe Fund will prioritize first-time grant-seekers to North Star Fund.
For in-depth information about our criteria and our process, please visit our website.
- Complete the application below. Your work will auto-save. Additionally, you can save your work by clicking "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page.
- Include or attach the following materials:
- Proposal (3-5 pages). You can download the proposal questions and upload your completed proposal. Alternatively, we will accept proposals that you may have written for other foundations provided that it pertains to your organizing work.
- 501(c)(3) Letter or Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement & Fiscal Sponsor's 501(c)(3) Letter
- Budget. You can attach a budget or choose to enter your financial information within this form. If you would like to upload a budget form, you may use your own template or download North Star Fund's budget template.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an automatic receipt, but your application is not considered complete until you receive a confirmation email from our program staff. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours.